6.03.2013

PREGNANCY MUST HAVES

Now that I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy, I'm a complete expert on it all and thought I would recommend some must haves.  Ha.  Definitely no expert, but I did want to share some things that have made this pregnancy a bit more comfortable...




1. Liz Lange for Target Maternity Long & Lean Basic Tank Top: these tanks are perfect for simple reasons - they're soft, and super-long, which this tall girl loves.  I have them in several colors already and the only difference between these and their non-maternity tanks are the length, so I'm going to continue to use these once baby's here (and I wish I had known about them earlier!)

2.  Sea Bands: for the first trimester morning sickness, these are great.  Just simple wrist bands that rest on pressure points that relieve nausea.  They can be a bit tricky to hide if you haven't announced yet, but it's worth it.  I was wearing them one night, took them off to go to sleep, and within minutes of removing them, was hunched over the toilet.  Yep, I slept with those babies on after that.

3.  Hairbands: lifesavers for the not-big-enough-for-maternity-jeans-but-normal-ones-won't-button phase.  Just slip them around your jeans button, through the loop, and around the button again, and presto!  Perfect fit.  Just make sure you have one of those long tanks to cover it up.

4.  Complete Prenatal System Multivitamin: the extensive researcher my husband is, he found these prenatal vitamins for me after I brought home some store-brand ones that just didn't make the cut for baby girl.  They're food-based, which is critical because your body can't absorb most normal vitamins that aren't food-based.  Plus you take them throughout the day to help absorption even more.  They're a bit pricey, but definitely one of the baby-related costs that's worth spending more on.

5.  Bella Band: I actually have a different brand, but I think they're all the same.  They can get a bit uncomfortable, but mine worked great for my work pants.  They're also great for the stage right after the hairband trick doesn't work anymore but maternity pants are still a bit big.  There's many stages, you see.

6. Pillows, pillows, pillows: I now sleep with four, yes four, different pillows.  Two at my head, one between my legs so my hips don't ache and one under my belly.  Trust me, this is a need.  I wish I had sprung for a body pillow, because they look seriously amazing, but they're a bit pricey and my system seems to work just fine even though it means heaving all my pillows from one side to the other every hour or so.

7.  Gap 1969 Demi Panel Always Skinny Jean: once you're officially in the stage that requires maternity jeans, these are the ones.  They're really cute and you would never know they're maternity unless you expose that big old band.  I've had several compliments on them and will probably wear them post-baby too, whatever.  Plus, they make them in longs!

8. Gap Supersoft Leggings: I now live in these leggings.  They're super soft and fit perfectly over my belly.  I do wish they were a bit thicker so I didn't always have to wear long shirts with them, but I'm kind of at the point where I don't care anyway, haha.  This prego just wants to be comfy.  But seriously, I wear these more days than I don't.

9.  Thermos Hydration Bottle: hydration ladies!  Very important when you're pregnant, and surprisingly so during the night.  I always have my water bottle with me and try to keep guzzling all day long.  I have the stainless steel version of this water bottle, which I love because it keeps your water nice and cool.  It may be strange to love a water bottle, but I really do love this one!  First, it fits in your car drink holders, while most others don't.  Second, it has a lid that pops open in one click so you don't have to screw a lid on and off and makes you more inclined to drink water.  And third, it's safe and BPA-free of course.

10. Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value Maximum Moisture Lotion: I was surprised at how dry I got during my first trimester of pregnancy, and was caught off guard by it, but consider it one of those lesser known but definitely not lesser felt pregnancy symptoms.  Enter, cheap but wonderful big bottles of lotion.  Yes, it's from Whole Foods, but this lotion is wonderful and is cheaper than a smaller bottle you'd get anywhere else.  With the rate I go through it, it's perfect.

So, there you go!  My helpful little items that will make your pregnancy much more comfortable so you can focus less on your dry skin and pant seam digging into your abdomen and more on those perfect little baby feet kicks waking you up each morning.  Enjoy, and please... share what your must haves are or were! 

1 comment:

  1. I am most definitely going to have to do a shop for tall people maternity clothes over there when we eventually get started!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment...