10.16.2012

BIG CITY HOME GOODS SHOPPING

About every other month or so, I drag convince my husband to partake in a day of home goods shopping in Denver.  That means we hit up Ikea, West Elm, Crate&Barrel, Urban Outfitters, Z Gallerie, Restoration Hardware and Jonathan Adler.  If that's not a good day, I don't know what is.  I'm sure a few of you just questioned my judgement and will probably never hang out with me if I'm making the plans, but whatever, this is a fun time if you ask me.

So a few weekends ago we spent the day wandering around and since I'm that person that's randomly snapping pictures of things on my phone, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites:


First up is this amazing coffee table from Z Gallerie.  It's not too pricey, it would make a statement and it would lend itself to almost any design scheme.


Also at Z Gallerie are these wooden botanical prints above and these fun candle holders below.


And these pillows!  I think I like the other shade they make better, but either way, I need two of these babies on my couch pronto.


Next stop was the new Jonathan Adler store in Denver.  I've been waiting to peruse this place up ever since I heard it was coming and I finally got to go.  Seriously fun place to poke around in.


My favorite iconic "Jonathan Adler" products are these colorful, graphic throws.  One of these could easily transform any room.


The colors, patterns and mix-and-match style make me happy just looking at it.


Now for one of our all-time favorites, west elm.  And guess what?  We got to meet the coffee table I've been eying in person.  It's unfinished though and with us being a red-wine-drinking, spaghetti-with-marinara-sauce eating couple, I don't think it would look this pretty for long.  I'm trying to come up with ideas to adapt it though, so let me know if you have any!


This is why I love west elm and feel that it's so us... neutral palettes with splashes of color, bold patterns, natural materials and layering.


Now time for a little snack break and then off to Crate&Barrel, another favorite.  Although we actually bought a few things here and I could have bought almost everything in the store, the only thing I snapped a picture of was this rug.  I love the kilim rugs out there right now and think this one would be a lasting take on that trend since it's pretty neutral and wouldn't make you commit to designing everything around it.


And now for our last stop during Ryan and Chelsea's day of fun!  Sidenote: did anyone else just chant "Joey and Janice's DAY OF FUN!" in their head?  Any other "Friends" fanatics out there?

Anyway, last stop was Ikea... home of... well, everything from picture frames to Swedish pancakes.  Of course we picked up a few odds and ends, but the only picture I snapped here was of this photo gallery.  I've seen many like it, but with Ikea's affordable picture frames, you could actually tackle this all at once without breaking the bank.  I can totally envision something similar to this above our couch in our family room, so stay tuned.


That's it for our home goods outing/adventure.  Whew, makes me tired just thinking about it, but it's always a blast.  Who's with me next time?!

4 comments:

  1. Please give me that Chevron Ottoman/Thingy-ma-jig right meow! ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, me, blog date! full of IKEA and Jonathan Adler and all the other wonderful things I only dream about in New Zealand! Seriously we have nothing! makes me so angry! I would gladly spend a day doing that - sounds like a dream. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me! Me! I wanna come! Now if only I had money and a house...but I can always dream.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment...