9.07.2012

COFFEE TABLE CONUNDRUM

Now that summer is winding down and fall is settling in, I've got the nesting bug.  During the summer months, we were pretty busy and it was so unbelievably hot this summer that not much got done around the house.  However, that is about to change as we're plugging along on our ever-growing and ever-changing to do list.

One thing that has been on that list for awhile now is finding a new coffee table.  We have a gorgeous one now that was a hand-me-down from my in-laws, but it is just too big for the space (that and it's the toe killer... seriously, I jam my poor toes on it at least once a week).

We're going for a more modern vibe and it would be great to get something that takes up less space, both literally and visually.  The room would open up a lot and feel more fresh.  For awhile now, I've been thinking about getting a simple square wood table with clean lines, something like this:

via

But then I was perusing some blogs and I know it's been trendy for awhile, but the clear coffee table really caught my eye.  I know it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I think that if it were mixed well with some cozy, eclectic pieces, it could be fabulous.  It would take up less space visually, so it would add an airy feel to our family room and would be completely functional, but would open up the space.  Case in point:

via

via

via

via

I haven't made up my mind yet which way to go, because I still love that square wooden table in the first image, which also provides a more open and modern feel.  As I mentioned before, I think it's about having a mix of modern and cozy than makes a room feel put together and "us."  I just can't stand it when everything is all the same style, you've got to mix it up!

So now tell me what you think... would you ever jump on this trend?  Fun, but too modern and you'd get sick of it soon?  Perfect solution for a small space?  Let me know your thoughts!  I still love that first one, so we'll see where we end up.

Have an amazing weekend while you're at it!

1 comment:

Leave a comment...