Pretty good weekend in my book. Anyway, onto something (not) equally as exciting - kale chips... you either love 'em or you hate 'em. I happen to love them, but really just because they're a
If you've never had kale before, this is the way to try it. It can be good cooked up or steamed, but the stems can be pretty fibrous and chewy. Also good in a green smoothies with a bunch of other fruits and veggies. Onto the recipe:
- one bunch of kale
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- seasoning: use whatever you like here - garlic, herbs, chicken or steak seasoning, etc. It's also great with just EVOO, salt and pepper alone.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash kale and use a knife to "shave off" bunches of it. If there are any large stems, try to cut those out individually.
3. Arrange on a baking sheet and cover liberally with olive oil, salt, pepper and whatever seasoning you prefer and toss to coat the kale evenly.
4. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Once it is slightly crisp, it's ready.
5. Enjoy and congratulate your self for making a moderately healthy yet salty snack! The best of both worlds, right?