4.16.2012

ENTRYWAY EXCITEMENT

I love the blank slate that is our entryway and why I am oh-so-grateful they didn't wallpaper that area like many others in our home, I am itching to put something there to make it look more welcoming and put together.  Right now, it looks like this... definitely blank.


So what else would I do but head over to Pinterest, specifically my "Indoors" board, and gather some inspiration for the space.  I would like to put a table/bench/console on the blank wall with some decoration on and above it.  There's not a ton of room and two doors open into the area, so it will be a bit of a challenge filling up the space while still keeping the area open and functional.

Here's a few ideas that I'm loving for our entryway.  After putting these together, I found that apparently I'm going for a console table, a few stools tucked underneath it, a big mirror, a lamp, and a pop of color:

via
via
via
via
via
via

Anyone else trying to fill a big mass of nothing?  Any ideas?  Your thoughts are always welcome.  On another note, what was up with that snow?  We had some good friends over for dinner Saturday night and when they were leaving, we opened the door to a good four inches!  Definitely had no clue it was snowing all night... springtime in the Rockies, right?

Have a wonderful week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. The second one and the fourth one are my favorites. I love the idea of the mirror over a console table. And a mirror is handy on the way out the door :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would like that one :) definitely your style.

      Delete
  2. I love the second one, I'm a sucker for anything slightly vintage.
    Would be really handy to have a mirror and a table so close to the door so you can just grab stuff on your way out.
    New Follower.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! So glad to have you as a follower! I love the second one too, I'm definitely going to incorporate elements from that one.

      Delete

Leave a comment...