10.26.2011

FAUX FALL

Inspired by the many gold spray-painted pumpkins floating around the blogosphere lately, such as these from Layers of Meaning...


and these from Cupcakes and Cashmere...


 I picked up a few handfuls of my own faux pumpkins at Michael's for 50% off and turned these cheap-o plastic pumpkins into some fun fall decorations with a touch of glam.  Think of them as going from cheap, half-off bin of Crayola-orange tackiness to something Cinderella could ride in.  That's a bit of a stretch - but they were fun nonetheless and perked up the other more rustic fall decor we've got going on right now.

Just picked up a can of high-gloss metallic gold spray paint...


and turned these babies...

... into these!



























Anyone else doing fun fall projects?  Big or small?  Now that I've got the gold spray-paint, I have a million other things I want to take it to.  A modern gold and white side table?  Striped vases?  I also have another pumpkin-related one up my sleeve.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...