3.29.2011

DIY: FURNITURE CLOTHING

Almost all of the furniture Ryan and I have in our condo we either had before or scored from family members.  We're holding off on buying new stuff until we buy a house.  One particularly cheap piece of "furniture" is this TV stand/DVD holder I had from college.  I think I got it for around $30.


Since our TV is on the wall, we've just been using it for DVD storage and haven't really thought twice about it.  Plus, it fits into this strange little cubby area in the wall perfectly.  Once we move I'm sure we'll toss it, but for now it does what it's supposed to.

And despite the fact that my Friends DVD collection is in fact arranged in rainbow order, this little mess was starting to bug me.  So, I came up with the idea of creating something to cover it all up and decided that a nice little piece of fabric would do the trick.  So I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some fabric and some no sew hem tape and was ready to go.



All it took was measuring the fabric, "hemming" it with the tape and pinning it in place for easy removal.




And you know Cira helped... or maybe she just wanted to make an appearance.


After that was done, I just pinned it up with some thumb tacks so it could be taken off easily and ta-da!  Not super exciting, but it cleans it up a little bit and looks nicer than the mess of DVDs behind it.



Just a fun little before and after... hope your week is off to a good start.  I'm off to organize coupons and type up our budget, bet you're jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...