2.24.2011

RECENT EATINGS

If you know Ryan and I, you know that one of our favorite things to do is cook - and of course, eat.  And lately, I've realized that I've neglected this essential need in life as far as the blog goes, so here are some of the recent recipes we've whipped up at the Tollis household.

First on the menu is chicken with prosciutto and mushrooms topped with parsley and pepper.  Simple yet delicious.


Ryan made these spicy burgers with mushrooms and onions.  I'm not a huge burger fan, but these were awesome!  (Excuse the not-so-great iPhone pic).


We also had chicken with caramelized dates and parmigiano reggiano, along with a side of peppered sweet potatoes.


Next up is what I like to call "refrigerator stew" - I gather whatever we have laying around in the refrigerator and pantry and throw it together to cook all day.  Not too exciting but it makes for good comfort food during Colorado winters.


This next chicken dish was delicious!  It was a loose spin-off from my mom's chicken marbella and it's definitely one of our favorites.  Chicken with green and black olives, prunes, capers and tons of spices.  We also added some Marsala wine we had on hand and it gave it a wonderful, rich flavor.  If you're looking for a fun new dish and like Greek food, I highly recommend this one.


Last but not least are some Thai-inspired lettuce wraps I came up with that turned out pretty good.  I started with chicken breasts, then added chicken seasoning, red bell peppers, scallions, garlic, fresh ginger, cabbage, carrots and nuts.  I glazed it with hoisin sauce and served it with butter lettuce leaves for wrapping.  Fresh, fun, and tons healthier than lettuce wraps you'll find at any restaurant.


Hope you enjoyed!  Stay tuned for some exciting posts to come - pictures of our little nest (one of the main reasons for starting this blog)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...