11.18.2010

SWEET RELIEF

Image found here: www.kosherdeluxe.com.
 If I had a dollar for every time I swore that "from this point until the day we get married, I am going to eat well and workout," it would have paid for the entire wedding.  For awhile, I was dedicated.  I was pretty dedicated to waking up early and going to the gym before work... well, for two weeks.  I was pretty dedicated to cutting out carbs... OK, so it was for two hours.  I was pretty dedicated to the whole "I'm going to look the best I ever have on my wedding day" craze for awhile too.  But then I realized, well, that sucks.  I was not enjoying life or the wedding-related festivities that occurred what seemed like every couple of weeks.  So I gave up on the whole idea of looking like all I did was eat steel cut oats and juggle a kettle ball around

The funny part is, the week before our wedding, I dropped more weight that in all the previous sixteen months of our engagement combined.  And not on purpose, at all.  I just had a nervous ball of energy in my stomach and was bouncing off the walls.  This energy, combined with the fact that I was simply too busy too eat much, did more than any amount of sit-ups and steps on the damned StairMaster ever could.  And for the record, I never wanted to lose the lbs. anyway, I simply wanted to look fit and trim like any other bride.  I realize that this may not be the healthiest regimen ever, but I did not do it on purpose.  

They say the average newlywed woman gains 21, yes 21, pounds her first year of marriage.  I am proud to say that I am halfway there, and we have not been married for half a year yet.  But only because I lost so much weight the week before our wedding.  So as of right now, I'm back to normal, right?  Whatever.

Anyway, as I scarf down my second third chocolate chip muffin, I am enjoying the sweet, sweet relief of post-marital bliss, a.k.a. no more you're-a-bride-so-you-better-look-your-best chanting in your head as you climb stair, after stair, after stair.  I am also proud to say that I have worked out a whopping ten times since we got married.  And I've been eating my heart out.  But anyone who knows me knows that this is pretty typical.

Also for the record, I am not "letting myself go," although you're probably convinced that that's exactly what I'm doing.  I repeat, I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...